How to Become a Volunteer
Complete the Application
If you are interested in volunteering, we encourage you to call our Program Manager at (509) 853-1917.
Fill out the online volunteer application.
Applicants must pass a background check and attend volunteer training and orientation.
We try to match volunteers with opportunities that fit their interests and schedules. As a volunteer, you might be asked to:
Provide rides to appointments
Occasionally help with light yard work
Pick up prescriptions, groceries, or food from restaurants
Be a walking buddy or exercise buddy
Help with committees, events, and potlucks
Host educational presentations or lead interest groups
Help with outreach for Yakima Selah Neighbors’ Network
- Have a warm heart and willing hands
- Attend orientation and training
- Be prompt and reliable
- Consult with the Program Manager or office staff before taking on new responsibilities
- Complete time sheets and other records
- Protect confidential information
Ask a question or get in touch using the form below.