Yakima and Selah Neighbors Network is a local, volunteer-based, non-profit organization founded to empower members of our community to continue living in our homes, where we want to be as we age.
Our mission is to provide services to promote the independence of seniors in our
community by creating a network with resources to keep seniors confident at home and connected to the community.
- We believe that older people have a desire, a need even, to stay active and engaged.
- We depend on local donors and appreciate their support as a measure of their respect for the Village concept and our work in carrying it out.
- We are inclusive in our acceptance of members and volunteers regardless of gender, sexual orientation, financial status, racial/ethnic differences or spiritual choices.
- We appreciate our volunteers, train them well, and listen to their needs and suggestions.
- We respect the privacy of our members and volunteers.
- We offer a variety of ways for people to connect and contribute.
- We work with other organizations to avoid duplication of services.
- We strive to be compassionate, respectful, and accepting in our work with others.
- We are open to new ideas, suggestions, and ways of doing things.
- We work to provide a safe environment for our members and volunteers
- We recognize the limitations of our mission and hold ourselves accountable as we carry it out.
- We consider ourselves a community of giving and receiving and strive to provide ways in which people may contribute.